Seymour Centre presents
Finucane & Smith’s Burlesque Hour
Glory Box Edition
The Burlesque Hour meets Pandora’s Box!
15 – 24 November at York Theatre, Seymour Centre
On sale Tuesday October 2
For 10 nights only, the intimate surrounds of Seymour’s York Theatre will become The Venus Fly Trap of Cabaret dripping with tassled lanterns, satin brocades and velvet covered tables (only for early bookers!), packed to the rafters with international stars and jaw dropping cabaret.
Prepare to be seduced by the show that has been called “UNMISSABLE” in 10 languages, “Sumptously Demented” by the French and “Outrageous and Unforgettable” by the Brits as The Venus Fly Trap of Cabaret, the legendary, genre-defying, dangerous and delightful global smash hit Finucane & Smith’s Burlesque Hour returns to Sydney at last, and this time she’s opening Pandora’s Box!
And now in a Sydney exclusive, she’s shaking up a brand new cocktail of the famous and the infamous, unpacking the cream of divine divas — MOIRA FINUCANE, MEOW MEOW, TONI LAMOND and PAMELA RABE, in a demi-monde nightclub, bursting with insolent and exotic live art, circus and sideshow, showgirl and showstopper, Bollywood and disco, grand guignol, gothic queens, sultry sirens and backroom ballerinas.
From national and international sell out tours, from Paris to the Pilbara, Budapest to Byron Bay, Tokyo to Tennant Creek, the seductive, subversive and electrifying Burlesque Hour has turned Variety on its head, won 8 coveted cabaret awards, played to 90,000 fans worldwide, been acclaimed in ten languages with 40 international sell out seasons.
Led by “national treasure” the undisputed Empress of Provocative Variety Moira Finucane — winner of 2012 once-in-a-lifetime Outstanding Contribution to Cabaret Green Room Award — Burlesque Hour Glory Box Edition features the most special of special guests: kamikaze cabaret sensation Meow Meow; Sydney’s own Legend of Variety and Monarch of Vaudeville Miss Toni Lamond; and the goddess of theatre Pamela Rabe as you have never seen her before, mixing it up with Finucane’s finest; handsomest dancer ever born Paul Cordeiro; Parisian dance siren Holly Durant; Redhead tinderbox circus star Anna Lumb; and showgirl like no other Maude Davey.
With the Helpmann Awards erupting with applause this week over Pamela Rabe and Meow Meow between them walking away with Helpmann’s for Best Actress in a Musical and Best Cabaret Star; with Burlesque Hour nominated for 2 Helpmann Awards, and winning 8 national and international awards including Scotland on Sunday’s Hottest Temptation of the Festival, Toni Lamond Order of Australia with no less than 4 Lifetime Achievement Awards; Sydney should get ready for a very glorious Glory Box!
- York Theatre, Seymour Centre
- Date and times
- Thursday 15th to Saturday 24th November – 12 performances only
- 90 minutes (including interval)
- $25 – $60
- On sale from Tuesday 2 October
- 9351 7940 or seymourcentre.com, Ticketmaster 1300 723 038, ticketmaster.com.au or any Ticketmaster outlet
Performance Schedule: Thursday 15 to Saturday 24 November
- Thursday 15 November at 8pm: Opening Night Pamela Rabe
- Friday 16 November at 7pm Pamela Rabe
- Friday 16 November at 9.30pm Pamela Rabe
- Saturday 17 November at 7pm Toni Lamond
- Saturday 17 November at 9.30pm Toni Lamond
- Tuesday 20 November at 8pm Meow Meow
- Wednesday 21 November at 8pm Meow Meow
- Thursday 22 November at 8pm Meow Meow
- Friday 23 November at 7pm Meow Meow
- Friday 23 November at 9.30pm Meow Meow
- Saturday 24 November at 7pm Meow Meow
- Saturday 24 November at 9.30pm Meow Meow
For media information, images and interviews
Emma Collison, Emma Collison Publicity, (02) 9326 5554, 0418 584 795 or email@example.com